Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Reflection of Six Topics

Overall, I enjoyed reading the six articles I chose to post about.  Each were very different from one another, but several of them related in some way.  The six topics I blogged about are the following: Teen Curfew, Preemies Worth Saving, Idolizing of Celebrities, Cruelty of Zoos, Reality TV Shows, and the Effect of Social Networking on Kids.  My favorite by far was "Preemies Worth Saving?"  I enjoyed putting my prior knowledge of this topic towards my first paper, the individual source essay.  Because my niece (Adelynn) was born premature, I have very strong opinions regarding whether or not doctors should be able to choose if preemies have the chance of being saved or not.  Since I enjoyed writing that paper as much as I did, I would like to continue putting what I know towards a future assignment, such as our research paper.  As for my argumentative essay, I have thought a lot about which of my six topics would be best to argue about.  Teen curfew and the effect of social networking on kids are both directed towards children, teens, and their parents; therefore, I don't feel the two topics are suitable for me.  I found a lot of interest in the idolizing of celebrities and the realness of reality TV shows, but in my opinion, both would be somewhat hard to argue about seeing that I agree with both sides of each in some way.  I have came to the conclusion that I will use the topic "Are Zoos Cruel?" for my argumentative essay.  I believe I will be able to research enough information regarding the views of both sides.  I then plan to choose a reasonable solution to accommodate for everyone, including zoo animals.  I am looking forward to finding more sources in regards to this topic.  After I complete my argumentative essay, I will then begin researching the debate regarding premature babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment